Friday, December 30, 2011

The Poet and Mystic David Whyte

I’m listening to the poet and mystic David Whyte.    Start close in …..dont take the 2nd and 3rd step……just the first step to what’s right there……the step you don’t want to take…….he says.

And my mind jumps on that – How will I do this….not easy, I’m afraid. 
Then a sound of laughter bubbles up – ah, too late for this human mind.  You see I’m already there……already in the midst of the first step.

We are already where we want to be going…don’t wrestle – just take a deep breath and look around you honestly.  HONESTLY (my friend told me I shouldn’t write in caps…..she says it’s yelling …..I Am yelling…..I don’t want you to miss this – HONESTLY – only your mind is struggling to make sense out of and accept what The Divine is creating in each moment.  Stop struggling, deep breath and look around – how beautiful…..find the beauty HERE AND NOW.  Stop and find what is beautiful……there is always something beautiful.  God is working out all the details.   Doesn’t need you…….Find the beauty and breathe…… And stop bringing your past to the present moment to interpret …. Allow, open……breathe…..

1 comment: