Monday, July 25, 2016

Please Don't Keep This a Secret Anymore
 
There is a part of me that would rather go play on the beach instead of stepping out in front of you.  There’s a part of me that loves to write and share AND at the same time I always get uncomfortable when I have to push send. Because like many of you, I too have the fear of  -  "what will they think!" 

And here’s WHY I MUST share about REIKI and WHY YOU MUST TOO. 

I have to write because today we all know someone struggling with cancer or other life threatening illness or with a chronic illness... and the emotional and mental overwhelm and physical pain that comes with it.

Reiki can help. Reiki is offered in over 800 hospitals and cancer centers as well as in private practices throughout the US.  

A Reiki treatment, offered through gentle touch, soothes, comforts,
 releases stress and pain, diminishes or prevents side effects from chemo, helps you sleep, fills you back up with good energy and brings relaxation and renewed balance to the body, the mind and the emotions.  Reiki helps~ 
Reiki is Energy Medicine.  We are made of energy.  

I have been a Reiki Healer for almost 20 years.  Eight years ago I was co-director of the Energy Therapy Program at the local hospital in Maryland where I was living.  That was an exciting opportunity.
 

Then came the part I really didn’t like – I was asked to offer Reiki at the Cancer Center and to be the Director of the Reiki Program there.

I
knew how much Reiki helps people.  It helps them heal faster after surgery. It helps their immune system get stronger.  It helps children, teens, adults diagnosed with cancer or other life threatening illnesses with the emotional pain and the physical pain - including the fear, anxiety, depression and the uncomfortable side effects from chemo, drugs and radiation.  Reiki Helps.  I had seen this over and over in my private practice.
But I didn’t want to go into the Cancer Center back in 2008, even though I knew how much Reiki helps, because my mom had died of breast cancer 25 years before. 

I had a lot of painful emotions that were coming up … feeling for the patients AND feeling my own pain, remembering how my mom had suffered and struggled so courageously.  I did not want to feel all that again…. I did not want to be in the cancer center.

Then I did what I have a habit of doing… I took a deep breath, and moved forward anyway, thinking I'd give it a 'try'.  

I have a tender compassionate heart that wants to give and comfort and help.  It is my nature… and when I do that I feel good... and people get better.


I said yes, I would offer Reiki to patients at the  Cancer  Center.

Reiki did its healing work on the patients and on me.
 

Reiki helped me move into and through the emotional pain  I still had about my mother’s cancer.  My heart healed and opened even more.  Thank you Reiki.  

We gave Reiki to patients, their families and caregivers.  I saw how REIKI HELPED those diagnosed with cancer or other life threatening illnesses. 

I went into the Chemo Suites and gave Reiki to patients there.  One patient shared how it was so much easier to sleep after the Reiki. That was just one benefit ... all the side effects patients have to endure ... patients report how Reiki helps diminish or prevent these side effects.    Please click here to read what patients from the Cancer Center in Frederick shared about how Reiki helped them.
 
Reiki helps people feel better.  It helps them heal faster after surgery. It helps their immune system get stronger.  It helps children, teens, adults diagnosed with
cancer, other life threatening illnesses or a chronic illness...  with the emotional pain and physical pain - the fear, anxiety, depression and the physical side effects from chemo and radiation.  Reiki Helps. Patients, doctors, nurses all around the country are reporting on the benefits of Reiki and asking for it. That’s why we can’t keep Reiki a secret anymore.

Reiki brings immediate comfort and relief to patients... relief from the stress, anxiety, pain, side effects of the drugs and more. And it’s so simple to give Reiki-with gentle, calming soothing touch.

One of my patients shared that receiving the diagnosis of Cancer is like being thrown into a raging river.  Reiki is an oasis, a sanctuary in the midst of the chaos, pain and feelings of exhaustion, overwhelm and hopelessness.  Reiki helped her feel hopeful and calm again.
You or someone you love deserves this too.
____________________________________________________________

Benefits of a Reiki Treatment: 
~ decreases or releases stress, pain, anxiety, depression

~ calms the over active, agitated mind and balances and soothes emotions


~ supports better sleep so patients have more energy and less fatigue

~ promotes faster healing after surgery and medical procedures

~ reduces side effects/discomforts of chemo and radiation therapies including nausea/vomiting, fatigue, skin eruptions, anxiety

~ strengthens and balances the immune system

~ offers nurturing comfort, feelings of being cared for, cared about

~Increases feelings of well-being, empowerment, inner strength, clarity
___________________________________________________________
You can read more articles about Reiki in hospitals and cancer centers on our Facebook Page - Medical Reiki Carolinas.    

"Patients who had Reiki… just seemed to do better,”  says  Dr. Sheldon Feldman, Chief Breast Surgeon at New York Columbia Medical Center/Presbyterian Hospital and President of American Society of Breast Surgeons.  He welcomes Reiki Masters into his OR and suggests his patients have Reiki pre, during and post surgery.  

Unfortunately we all know someone struggling with cancer, a life threatening illness or a chronic illness.  

That’s why I MUST share about REIKI and WHY YOU MUST TOO.  Reiki can help your loved one feel better. 

Please Click here to contact me to talk about Reiki or to make arrangements for Reiki for you or someone you love.

I am a Certified Medical Reiki Master and Reiki Master Teacher with almost 20 years experience giving Reiki to children, teens, adults and seniors.

My Medical Reiki Master partner, Tammy Schoolcraft and I are ready to go into the hospital, cancer center or chemo suite to support you or someone you love with Reiki. I also see clients in my private office in Matthews, NC. 

Please Click here to email Miri 
Big HeartHugs
Miri

And how about you? Reiki can help you too.

Are you feeling stuck or overwhelmed?
Maybe you've tried different things and only gotten so far....
I can help.  I've been there.

I am a Transformation Master.
If you are ready, I can guide you across to the other side
of the bridge you've been standing on.

Click here to email me to schedule your
Complimentary Phone Consultation




No comments:

Post a Comment